Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
Wholesome oats topped with healthy and delicious fruit make these the perfect breakfast muffins for busy mornings on the go.
- 3 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Milk We use 2%. You can substitute with any kind you use.
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar Or coconut sugar, stevia etc.) *These are not very sweet, which is what we preferred. But if you like your muffins on a sweeter side, you can double this sugar amount.
- 1/3 cup Pure Maple Syrup Or honey, agave syrup or brown rice syrup
Topping Option 1
- 1 cup Diced Green Apple
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Topping Option 2
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- 2 tsp Orange Zest
- 2 tsp Orange Juice
Topping Option 3
- 2 Bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Add all ingredients to a bowl, including the toppings option you want to make. To make multiple batches with different toppings, add as many bowls as appropriate.
Put a cupcake liner in each of your muffin cups or use cooking spray.
Use a 1/2 measuring cup or cupcake scoop to fill each cup. *You can fill to the top. These will not rise like regular muffins.
Cook for 25-30 minutes. They are done when the oatmeal tops are getting golden crisp.